Dog Training in
West Des Moines, IA
Let us get them started out on the right paw!
Even old dogs can learn New tricks at Canine Country Club!
Our dog training and obedience training classes are fit for all dogs—whether you’re teaching tricks,giving your new puppy a crash course in basic behavior, or leaving your dog with us for extensive Board & Train options. We make it easy for the greater Des Moines area dog owners to find a training option that’s right for them, from our most popular Board & Train program, group classes, to private training sessions. We have something to accommodate every dog owner’s training needs. We can even teach competitive dog training, AKC Canine Good Citizen preparation, and Therapy Dog International testing preparation!
Board and Train
We offer comprehensive board and train programs in 2-, 3- and 4-week increments! These classes can be incorporated with regular boarding free of charge. You get:
- FREE consultation about your dog’s issues and what training you’d like
- FREE 1 – 1¼ hour in-facility private go home lesson
- FREE 1 – 1¼ hour follow up in-facility private lesson, to be used within 1 year
- FREE attendance to 4 training classes, to be used within 1 year
- 15% off future board and train programs
- 10% discount on daycare and boarding for your first year
CCC University Degree Programs
|(2 Weeks)||(3 Weeks)||(4 Weeks)|
|Dog Accepts Handling||X||X||X|
|Sit by Side in Heel Position||X||X||X|
|Loose Leash Walking||X||X||X|
|Loose Leash Sit and Come||X||X||X|
|Hey – Attention||X||X||X|
|Proof Weeks 1 & 2 Behaviors||X||X|
|Sit and Come Outside with Distractions||X||X|
|Not yours – Food on Floor||X||X|
|Proof Weeks 1, 2, & 3 Behaviors||X|
|Sit and Come from a Distance||X|
|Not Yours – Walking over treats on floor||X|
|Meet & Greet Strangers||X|
|Wait at Doors||X|
|Go Lay Down||X|
|Therapy Dog International Training||$200|
|Emotional Support Dog Training||$150|
|Canine Good Citizen Training||$100|
Please bring all materials with you to ensure your dog’s place in the class. Here’s what we need from you on your first night of class:
- You must fill Canine Country Club’s enrollment forms, found here.
- Bring a copy of your dog’s vaccination records for us to keep.
- Rabies (if over 12 weeks)
- Distemper, Parvo, and Bordetella
- Payment in full prior to your class or board and train.
- Cash or check made out to Canine Training by Mystic Moon, NOT Canine Country Club
- Classes are non-refundable after completion of the first night of class
- Enter training via the back/east side of the building, through the blue door to the left of the POD storage unit
- Level 1 (Puppy and beginner manners and obedience)
- Sundays, 11am – 12:15pm
- Level 2 (Intermediate Obedience and Training: Agility, CGC, TDI, ATTS, IPO BH)
- Sundays, 12:30pm – 1:45pm
- Level 3 (Advanced Training: Agility, CGC, TDI, ATTS, IPO BH)
- Sundays, 2pm – 3:15pm
- Private In-Facility Lessons
- Monday-Thursday, 11am, 12:30pm or 2pm
- Open Gym (Levels 1, 2, 3 or beginner who has tested out)
- Thursdays, 6:30pm – 7:45pm
What to Bring to Class
- A happy, positive attitude, an open heart and a desire to have fun with your dog
- Equipment you’re already using with your dog (prong collar, choke chain, e-collar, etc.)
- Dog enters wearing a flat Collar (no Martingales, Halti’s, Harnesses, etc.)
- Attached to the collar is a 6-foot flat leash
- Cooked chicken breast cut into large grape size pieces
- For Sunday classes, please do not feed dinner the night before or breakfast the morning of class. For Wednesday night classes, please do not feed breakfast or lunch. A hungry dog learns faster!
Testing Out of a Level/Class
For dogs with prior obedience training or who demonstrate the ability to respond to basic commands and behaviors, we offer the ability to test out of levels and classes.
- Level 2 prerequisites to test out of Level 1
- Sit Stay, to the count of 5
- Down Stay, to the count of 5
- Loose leash walking, 10 steps and back
- Recall from the sit or down, 5 steps away
- Level 3 prerequisites to test out of Level 2
- Sit Stay, with your back turned away for 5 seconds
- Down Stay, with your back turned away for 5 seconds
- Recall, 20 steps/across the room
- Loose leash walking around the classroom
- All with distractions
|Board and Train – 2 weeks||$1000|
|Board and Train – 3 weeks||$1450|
|Board and Train – 4 weeks||$1900|
|Add on Therapy Dog International Training||+$200|
|Add on Emotional Support Dog Training||+$150|
|Add on Canine Good Citizen Training||+$100|
“On behalf of the Iowa Public Defender’s Association I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for generously donating your time to give a presentation during our June seminar. As the host office we were pleased with the attendance and the many positive comments we received regarding the seminar and the topics discussed. Providing top quality continuing education and training programs for our attorneys and investigators is the chief objective of the Public Defender Association. It would not be possible to conduct these seminars without speakers, like yourself, who graciously donate their time to share their expertise and insight.”
-Sincerely, Valorie K. W.
We were delighted to learn about “Canine Training by Mystic Moon Inc.” through our vet at Jordan Creek Animal Hospital. Tonja Osborn is a “dog whisperer” extraordinaire . . . We highly recommend Tonja and “Canine Training by Mystic Moon Inc.” to anyone experiencing puppyhood.
-Lucylou, Rita, And Jack
Thanks, Tonja! We had a great time in training . . .
-Barb, Butch, and Bleu Anderson
“During a Fire Drill at my apartment building, several of my tenants came by to pet my pup and they all commented on how well behaved and restrained he was. Thank you so much! This is exactly what I’m looking for in my dog, as I love going to the farmer’s market and hiking in warmer temperature and would love to take my dog with me – now I’m confident that this will be a very real possibility when that time comes! I can’t wait to know what’s in store for next class, as they’ve definitely had a huge impact on my relationship with my dog so far. ”
Best, Chad Nelson
“. . . Tonja Osborn of Canine Training By Mystic Moon, Inc. . . . It’s very evident that she believes in positive reinforcement and great communication . . . well, I was impressed. Tonja is much more than a “dog whisperer”. She has the ability to connect with both your dog, and you. A skill set, and gift, that is truly rare”
With best wishes and warmest regards, Al S.
” THANK YOU for what you shared with us in your class. I’ve taken classes with three local trainers/sources, but never with the kind of results that we’re getting with you, and Izzie. So much of what you teach, Tonja, seems common sense once you hear it, but common sense isn’t always in abundance!”
Cindy P., Mark, Dixon & Izzie
Enroll Your Dog Today!
Teaching your dog proper behavior and commands is important for their lifelong development. At Canine Country Club, we strive to help dog owners give their four-legged friends the education they need to be well-behaved, responsive and controlled. Contact us today at 515-221-0300 for more information about dog training and obedience training classes.